October 23, 2016 by Evelyn Summers
Sometimes I think it’s important to stress that this isn’t just an automated blog, spamming out book updates and reviews at random. There’s a person here, and I’m going to try and get a little more organic and personal.
My life isn’t that interesting – I’m really pretty average. Let’s start with the basics.
- I’m 22 and live on the south coast of the UK
- My favourite colour is red, and I have an unhealthy obsession with polka dots
- I’m in my final year of my undergrad degree (in archaeology & history)
- Evelyn Summers is a pseudonym (duh)
- I love Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, but my favourite TV show will always be Buffy
- I used to play competitive badminton and played in a couple of international tournaments
- I like to think of myself as a fitness freak, apart from the fact that I haven’t actually done a workout in as long as I can remember
- I’m a free speech advocate (which you may have been able to tell from this article)
- I have an obsession with romance books despite being unsure if I actually believe in soul mates/fate/undying love
- I’m a slob
- I’m a sucker for dirty talk
- I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life
- I have written 1k on a novel which will likely never see the light of day
- Coffee and tea. I despair of those who only have room for one love in their life 😉
Aside from that, there’s not really much to tell. I started this blog up because I wanted to support new, indie authors (and I love being able to read books before they’re released and share my honest views). I’m branching into proofreading for largely the same reasons, but also because I despise typos and errors in books.
I made the decision to open up a little more following on from the events of the past week. It’s been a rough one: I had the funeral of my great-grandmother, I am in the midst of deadlines and dissertations in my final year, and my fiancé and I very nearly called it quits – saved by his convincing me that one more chance is in order. Because of these reasons, my reading and personal time have been decreased, but so has my slobby nature (when I’m stressed, sad, angry or emotional, I clean compulsively whilst listening and shrieking along to Lana del Rey).
I’ve lost sight of myself recently. I’ve become two halves of a relationship, rather than two wholes working together, and I’ve decided to work towards discovering myself again in the midst of the events of daily life. I can’t be there to support other people if I can’t even be there for myself, and put my own interests first sometimes.
So this is, really, a method of sharing the ups and downs of my personal life with you, the lessons I learn along the way, and just making things a little more personal in general. I hope you enjoy these regular little snippets of life coming your way.